On this page you’ll find more Taiwan tourist information than you will ever need to prepare your trip to Taipei and other parts of beautiful Formosa!
The Taiwan tourist information presented on this page is not only the result of my own investigations – a lot of it comes from the mountain of emails I’ve gotten over the years from the tens of thousands of visitors who regularly consult this Taiwan Travel Guide.
Taiwan Tourist Information
Taiwanese Visa: What kind of visa do you need to come to Taiwan?
Traveling Around Taiwan: Getting to attractions and cities in Taiwan is easy when you know how to use Taiwan’s super cheap public transportation. Info about the normal train, fast train (HSR), public and private buses, and how to rent a scooter in Taiwan.
Festivals in Taiwan
Taiwan tourist information about the many colorful Chinese and Taiwanese festivals, holidays, and customs that are celebrated throughout the year all around Taiwan.
Learn Chinese: Taiwan isn’t just a fantastic place with natural attractions and cultural sights – it’s also the best place in the world to learn Mandarin Chinese.
- What’s difficult about learning the Chinese language?
- Information about the origin of the Chinese language
- Reasons to NOT study Chinese
- Choose the right Mandarin language program.
Accommodation in Taiwan: Find hotels in Taiwan. I also recommend you take a look at my list of hotels in Taipei if you’re planning on visiting tourist attractions in Taiwan’s capital. If you’re in a rush and you want to reserve a place to stay in Taiwan now, head for HotelsCombined.com – that’s where I always make bookings for places to sleep when I travel in Taiwan.
Pictures of Taiwan
There’s no better way to get Taiwan tourist information than through images and photos! I’ve been walking, riding, cycling around Taiwan since the year 2000 with my Canon around my neck – I’m really into photography and here’s the result of all those years of trying to capture the soul of Formosa on film (CF cards).
- My 30 personal favorite photos of Taiwan!
- Photos of ancient Chinese culture around Taiwan
- 25 pictures of Chinese traditions
- 50 pictures of Tainan City, in Southern Taiwan
- 25 pictures of Taiwanese culture
- 15 landscape pictures of Taiwan: This gallery features images from the Taiwan Trade Office in Canada. They have been very helpful and have given me a lot of Taiwan tourist information in the past.
List of Taiwanese Cities and Touristic Attractions
Here you’ll find all the cities and touristic destinations featured on Taiwanese Secrets (listed by areas). Each page will give you even more tourist information about Taiwan. Enjoy!