My favorite place for getting a massage in Taipei is called the Golden Love Sauna.
Here are some reasons why I love this place:
- The rooms, beds, pools, saunas, and other facilities are always clean.
- People who work there, from the receptionists to the masseuses, are all very nice and friendly.
- It’s one of the only places in Taipei where you can have real, quality Shiatsu, reflexology, and acupressure massage by people who have been trained to give those kinds of “more technical” massages.
- They have milk baths, baths of herbs, and ice ponds.
- Best foot massage in Taipei!
- Prices are very reasonable.
- It’s centrally located, less than 1km from Taipei Main Station.
Where is the Golden Love Sauna?
Address: 56 – B1 Tianjin Street, Taipei City
Tel: (02) 2531-3141
Taipei Massage – Not all places are safe!
One of the key-points that I want to emphasize here, is that the people who give massages at the Golden Love Sauna have all had professional training. This is very important if you have a serious physical condition such as a herniated disc in your back, or a tendinitis in an elbow.
I’ve had serious trouble with my lower back since I was 16. I’ve had massages in Taipei at a couple of places where people didn’t know what they were doing, and I ended up hurting more at the end then at the beginning.
There are tons of places where you can get a really cheap massage in Taipei or other cities in Taiwan. The problem with those places is that anyone can work there regardless if they are trained masseuse or how much experience they have.
My advice, pay a bit more and be sure to receive a quality massage that’s not going to make you feel worse.