Koti Guesthouse in Kenting National Park, is one of those places that can turn a normal holiday into a more genuine “local experience”.
Ruby and I (and my mom) have stayed at Koti Guesthouse multiple times. I also have friends who stay there regularly, and many visitors from this website have slept there as well. I have yet to hear a single bad review about this accommodation.
Things we love about Koti Guesthouse:
- You get the entire house – not just a room!
- 3 bedrooms
- In Manzhou Village – probably the most laidback town in Taiwan!
- Super clean.
- Walking distance to the best outdoor swimming pool in Taiwan.
- In a neighborhood that has no tourists, you get to experience the real Taiwanese village life, and you get to meet locals when you take a stroll to the grocery store or restaurants.
- The backyard with wooden patio and BBQ facility.
- The fire pit!
- It’s a dog-friendly place.
- The air conditioners work well and are quiet.
- The kitchen is clean and practical.
- The fridge is big.
- The whole place has a “new” and “modern” feel to it, which is kinda hard to find in this part of Taiwan, especially for an entire house accommodation.
Koti is in Kenting, but it’s also in Manzhou!
Kenting has a bad reputation among Taiwanese (and some expats) for the following reasons: it’s over-crowded and over-priced, dirty in some parts, and traffic can be hectic on weekends and holidays.
Manzhou, on the other hand, offers a much more laid-back, relaxed, off-the-beaten-path kind of experience, while still being quite close to the action. Riding or driving to Manzhou from Kenting Village or Hengchun town takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
Koti Guesthouse is smack in the middle of Manzhou Village, which is itself in the middle of Kenting National Park. At Koti, you are just a stone-throw away from the best hiking, snorkeling, diving, waterfalls, mountains, beaches, surfing on this precious island that we love to call Formosa.
Make a reservation at Koti Guesthouse
You can check room rates, availability, and make a reservation at Koti Guesthouse in Kenting on Air BnB or Booking.com. You can also contact the owners directly on their Facebook page. They usually reply within 1 or 2 hours and they are very accommodating and friendly.