Info About Taipei Tours
The most frustrating aspect about Taipei tours and guided tours in Taiwan is that there aren't many good companies which offer them.
Over the years, I have recommended a few Taiwanese travel agencies to travelers who were searching for tours in Taipei City, but I don't do that anymore. I've had so many complaints from visitors, so many bad comments about tour operators, that I have given up recommending them.
Make a reservation for a hotel in Taipei!
Here are some of the complains I often hear about sightseeing tours of Taipei:
- The tour operator couldn't speak English at all.
- The bus / mini-van picked us up late at our hotel.
- We didn't have enough time to visit the attractions.
- The driver was driving like a madman.
- The driver was smoking on the bus.
- The places where they took us to eat were horrible.
- It was over-priced!
- I should have gone on my own!
You can organize your own Taipei tours!
It is quite easy to visit Taipei by yourself. You definitely don't need a tour-guide to travel around Taiwan's capital and see the attractions and sights such as temples and museums.
Some of the reasons why it is totally doable to tour Taipei on your own are:
- Taipei is one of the safest cities in the world. The only major threat that faces you is the traffic. If you don't ride your own scooter or drive a car, you don't have to worry about this part.
- Taiwanese people are extremely friendly and they are always ready to help travelers with directions, ordering food, or other issues.
- Transportation (especially the metro) is a breeze because all the stations are labeled in English.
- Eating, sleeping, and moving around Taipei is very cheap!
Taipei Travel Secrets is a guidebook I have written to help you prepare your own sightseeing tour of Taipei. Pretty much everything you need to know about this wonderful city is covered in this book.
Get more information about Taipei Travel Secrets on this page.
I sincerely believe that the best way to visit Taipei is to do it by yourself, not with a guide who can't speak your language or won't give you enough time to enjoy your destination.
Doing it by yourself gives you the freedom to spend as much time as you want to take pictures, talk to people, eat wherever you want, and ultimately, traveling alone always brings a sense of adventure you simply can't get in the middle of a tour group.
Do it. And do it by yourself! Tour Taipei alone and discover one of the most amazing places you've ever seen!
Book cheap accommodation in Taipei!